Foodie Favs: Tailgate Food

hot-chicken-wings-celery-carrots

Football and food. I understand a bit about the first and a lot about the second.

Growing up down South and then going to USC for college, I learned quickly how incredible football is…not just the sport itself but the social traditions and pop culture that surround it.Β My guy has taught me a lot about the sport…and someΒ of it has stuck in my head! What I know for sure is that with any great football watching experience, there needs to be good eats!! Check out my list of Foodie Favs for Tailgate Food.

Let’s Dish:

• Excited for the Super Bowl? Who are you rooting for!?
  • Do you like football? Or is it the men in tight clothes OR parties n’ tailgates that get you?
  • What’s your favorite tailgate food?
  • Did you party at tailgates in college? (oh, I know I did! Fight On Trojans!)
  • What would you serve to Broncos QB Peyton Manning or Seahawks QB Russell Wilson?
  • It’ll be a COLD Super Bowl Sunday – so hot cocoa or something else to warm things up?
  • What should my NEXT Foodie Favs be?

Sharareh

Sharareh Drury is an award-winning journalist in Chicago. She's a foodie and traveller, loves to tell stories, and is always hungry for adventure and a flavorful dish to go with it.

26 Comments Write a comment

1. I have never really experienced tail gating foods however, I can associate them with cocktail foods and I was OBSESSED OBSESSED with those cocktail wieners wrapped in dough. I am going to re-create them on a Dude Food episode, or just by myself because I am UTTERLY OBSESSED!! πŸ˜€ Oh wait, I have already said that! LOL! Stay tuned, I have the BEST IDEA for this recipe! πŸ˜€

• Oh I love those too!! I’d love to see your version because those things can be so delicious…hard not to want to eat a platter! But that can be dangerous too depending on what they’re made with. =D I love Dude Food so can’t wait to see what you come up with!

• Haha thanks for stopping by! Pizza is a huge favorite of mine. I love mixing it up with different crusts, toppings, etc. Do you have a pizza you like the most?

2. I love to tailgate with my family before Mizzou football games! We usually bring a grill and cook burgers and hotdogs — I love pizza pretty much all the time, but I hadn’t thought of it as tailgate food. Another thing that is a MUST HAVE at our tailgates is my mom’s chocolate chip cookies! #SITS

• Oh Mizzou!! Many of my journalism friends went there. Great campus and definitely great tailgates. πŸ™‚ Thanks for stopping by!

3. I know the Super Bowl is gone but just had to comment on this one because those wings are simply so delicious-looking. I was hoping to cheer for our Baltimore Ravens but instead just settled on cheering for the great food that we had. Wish I had made some wings. Super yummy to my sight. #SITSBlogging

4. Gosh those wings look good. I’m staring at the clock and trying to convince my daughter to get dressed and go grab us some! Sometimes those psychologically impressions can be very satisfying. πŸ™‚

• Ahaha! She needs to get some stat! I love a good hot wings platter. What’s your favorite flavor? Do you go classic or get creative? I personally like a good garlic wing.

5. Yes to tailgating all year! I love all finger foods and dips. Shaunna @ Tempting Thyme

6. Oh i love all this food mmm wings, nachos, amazing! My friend makes dips in tiny cups for people its such a cute idea for parties. #sitsblogging

7. I love tailgating food and I feel like I can smell the wing sauce from your photo! *drool*
    Visiting from SITS.

• Thanks for stopping by! Love all the love coming from SITS. Like I’ve told so many here, tailgating is such a fun experience. The food, people, atmoosphere…it’s something everyone should definitely try. Honestly, sometimes even not knowing the sport is OK. It’s just about having a good time with good people!